Me and my gorgeous baby

Me and my gorgeous baby
Perhaps the only barefaced pic of me that will ever grace the internet

Sunday 23 September 2012

Q. When is a baby not a baby?

A. When they become a little person.

Admittedly, my baby has always been the child of a thousand faces, but I've been wondering if it's a gradual process or you just wake up one morning and instead of being a squirming, crying baby, they're a little person with their own personality.

For example, as much as Isabella has always had her own "flavour" as a baby. When she was in utero, the only music that she would kick to was Lady Gaga and she made me feel nauseous if I didn't eat enough fruit and veg. As a 7 month old crawling, babbling, cuddling, teething baby, she's equally as blatant with her likes and dislikes. For example, if the wrong person is holding her, she'll soon let them know and she flat-out refuses to eat anything bland. She also makes it very clear that she owns her mummy!

Some people (admittedly, normally people without babies) claim that all babies are the same and a wee bit boring, but I think I can actually tell the difference between different babies. I think my bubba's always had her own personality, it's just developed and grown with her, like a caterpillar becoming a butterfly.

No comments:

Post a Comment