Me and my gorgeous baby

Me and my gorgeous baby
Perhaps the only barefaced pic of me that will ever grace the internet

Wednesday 15 August 2012

Far too awake for this time of night

This is why you should never EVER exercise late at night! As I've been busy with bubba all day and making bath truffles and muffins for my little cottage industry (Kayleigh's Creations, check us out on Facebook!) tonight it got to half 10 and I realised that I hadn't got round to doing any exercise.
With just a month and a half left to lose a stone and having eaten a lot of chocolate and cheese, I started to get a bit panicky. Unfortunately, Isabella then decided to wake up for a feed. Managed to get her off to bed, pottered around getting a few bits done and she awoke again! Fed her a bit more, did a few more busy things and before I knew it, it was only twenty minutes to midnight. But, because I'm an utter trooper (and feeling guilty after yesterday's Krispy Kreme and not exercising since Sunday) I did 40 minutes of bum and thigh exercises and dance-style toning as quietly as possible with DVD practically on mute.
I now feel vaguely better and my bum muscles are killing me and utterly, utterly wide awake! A sensible person would say "it's way past my bedtime, my baby's going to be waking up for another feed soon, I should sleep". Apparently I'm not a sensible person. Instead, I'm sat here with a face mask on about to watch a Dispatches documentary on 4OD about benefit cheats. Happy days!
I may be even more tired than usual in the morning, but at least I'll get to spend a bit more time with hubby and my pores will be a lot clearer.....
Isabella really amazed me today; during Nakey Nakey Playtime (between dinner and bed to avoid another nappy and outfit change) she managed to push herself up from lying on her tummy, to more or less sitting up. Her legs were still tucked under her, like a frog about to hop.

Doesn't she look chuffed with her little self?! It's astounding how much stronger and smarter she gets by the day. I'm going to wash this blue gunk off my face and have a nice cup of green tea.
TTFN!x

No comments:

Post a Comment