Me and my gorgeous baby

Me and my gorgeous baby
Perhaps the only barefaced pic of me that will ever grace the internet

Tuesday 14 August 2012

Having a trying time :-(

Isabella and I have been having a few tricky evenings of late. Because she's a very minimalistic  napper, I thought that she'd be really tired and easy to settle at night. WRONG! I thought that being such an active baby, she would wear herself out. WRONG! So it's a real struggle sometimes to get her to sleep, let alone get her to stay asleep.
We've tried encouraging her to self-settle innumerable times, but it just doesn't seem to work on her, she needs to be nursed to sleep. She's also redeveloped the habit of waking up just for a cuddle. It's happened 3 times this evening so far. As lovely as it is to feel wanted by my baby, the novelty does wear off sometimes!
Sunday night was perhaps the worst sleep we've had since she had the snuffles a few weeks ago (which was when she refused to sleep by herself and poor hubby got kicked into the spare room so that she could stay with me) and it left me absolutely exhausted. I don't know why some nights she'll only wake up twice and other nights she's determined not to sleep. Why can't babies just be predictable?!
I'm just getting through each day as it comes by telling myself that one day, one sweet day, she will sleep through the night again and I can get some actual, proper sleep.
I've been too tired the last couple of days to exercise, so I've capped it all off by having a krispy kreme. It was just over 200 empty calories and I've had a lot of chocolate today, but it was sooooo worth it! Back on the diet wagon tomorrow!
On the plus side, I made Isabella some new purees today, including cauliflower and broccoli and she really liked it. My baby likes greens, yay!!!
TTFN x

No comments:

Post a Comment