Me and my gorgeous baby

Me and my gorgeous baby
Perhaps the only barefaced pic of me that will ever grace the internet

Wednesday 4 July 2012

It's a Bittersweet Symphony that is being a Mummy

For those of you who aren't children of the 90s, the title is a play on a line from 'Bittersweet Symphony' by The Verve (Remember them?Does anyone know what happened to them?They were great, albeit slightly depressing)
When I found out that I was pregnant, I knew it meant that I would have a little person who was completely dependent on me. What I didn't register was that my helpless little mini-me would gradually need me less and less.
Isabella is now in her third week of solids and wrestles the spoon off me to try to feed herself. Plus now she's getting the knack of tummy shuffling, is determined to get crawling and is getting stronger by the day. I'm eventually going to be resigned to just the food supplier and bum changer.
I took this photo of her yesterday in her "big girl chair"

She looks like she's grown up so much in the past 4 months and a bit, compare to when she was first born and was brand new


As exciting as it is when she learns how to do something new or changes some more, a part of me feels slightly sad that she's slowly but surely ceasing to be my little baby. Of course, at the moment, she still needs me lots, but she's changed from my little bundle of joy who spent most of the day asleep and didn't do much, to this little person who refuses to nap because she's so interested in everything and who wants to sit and move and eat by herself. 
That said, she's been a proper handful today, mainly because she hates napping so much and I had to take her for a long walk to get her to have a decent length nap.
She still sometimes cries just because she needs a hug and sometimes I'm the only person who can calm her down, that makes me melt a little bit inside.
I give it 2 months until she's crawling like a pro and completely refusing to be fed by me!
TTFN x

No comments:

Post a Comment