Me and my gorgeous baby

Me and my gorgeous baby
Perhaps the only barefaced pic of me that will ever grace the internet

Sunday 22 July 2012

Starting to run on empty!

I've barely had time to blog at all lately, I didn't think it was possible, but I actually have even less time to myself! Isabella doesn't really nap during the day BUT she wakes up for a feed about 6, then goes back to sleep for a couple of hours. Although it's because my baby thinks she's a teenager and then refuses to go to sleep at night, it's nice to get a bit of sleep in the morning. Today, however, my baby decided to keep me on my toes and thought that 6am was a great time to get up and play! I've been shattered all day, it really has a knock-on effect. When she stopped sleeping through the night, it completely winded me.
I've also been trying to exercise daily, which is hard to squeeze in with a baby who refuses to sleep and also writing a few articles for my other half's website to help him out. The website is actually a men's health and grooming website, so I have to try to write as if I'm a man, which is.....interesting.....
All in all, combined with all the other little things I have to fit in, like loads of washing, cleaning and steralising stuff and making baby food, I can't remember the last time I just sat down with a cuppa and chilled out for a few minutes.
The last nearly 5 months have been knackering, but the last couple of weeks I've got to the stage where I'm starting to run on fumes. Oh yeah, and then there's the little matter of getting married in 2 years time on a practically non-existent budget, which I should have started looking into a good few months ago as 2 years is like 2 months in wedding time. On Saturday, I didn't actually get round to eating until 4 in the afternoon, which I could barely handle before, but when you combine with breast feeding, taking a baby swimming and having very little sleep the night before, it's surprising I didn't faint or get so delirious that I started speaking in tongues.
OK, enough with me moaning, I could go get a couple of hours sleep before baby wants a feed, but I have more research to do for the other half's website and the wedding and vegetarian weaning. A woman's work really is never done, bah!
TTFN x

No comments:

Post a Comment