Me and my gorgeous baby

Me and my gorgeous baby
Perhaps the only barefaced pic of me that will ever grace the internet

Monday 8 October 2012

Veggie baby pancakes

OK, because I'm nice, I thought I'd share my recipe for baby pancakes.

Makes 8 (I cook 4 and then do the rest the following day, keep the batter in the fridge)

You will need-

1 egg
1/3 tin of chickpeas, butter beans or any pulse that your baby likes.
1 heaped tbsp of flour
1 tbsp of grated cheddar
A pinch of dried herbs

Here's what to do-

Boil your beans or pulses for 4 minutes in unsalted water, drain and then mash.
Mix together with the rest of the ingredients and a little splash of water to make a thick batter.
Heat up a frying pan with a small amount of vegetable oil.
Once the pan is hot, spoon in some of the mixture.
Cook for 3-4 minutes, then flip them over.
Cook the other side for another 3-4 minutes, until both sides are golden brown.
Cool on a piece of kitchen paper to absorb any excess grease, then serve, voila!

I first gave them to Isabella with a tomato and tahini dipping sauce, but she ended up shoving her hands into the sauce and smearing it everywhere. She looked a zombie baby! They are also very tasty for mummy and daddy, because cooking for baby is hungry work!

No comments:

Post a Comment