Me and my gorgeous baby

Me and my gorgeous baby
Perhaps the only barefaced pic of me that will ever grace the internet

Monday 8 October 2012

Well, I guess I'm not needed!

My baby has decided that she doesn't want me to feed her any more (except yogurt, strangely  and she just wants to feed herself. This is both a good thing and a bad thing.

It's good because-
I get to do stuff whilst she's eating, like actually eating myself, or reading, which I never get to do any more!
It's good for her fine motor skills and independence.
She really enjoys her food.
It's handy when we go out for lunch and she can feed herself whilst we eat.

It's bad because-
I still have a load of purées and baby porridge which she will no longer touch. My baby doesn't realise that I'm not made of money!
It means that I have to get more creative as she's being raised veggie so I need to come up with lots of ideas for finger foods with protein.
Sometimes it takes aaaaaaaaaaages and you can't leave a baby unattended whilst they eat.
It's a bit embarrassing when we go out for lunch and there's half-chewed food in a 2 foot radius around us.

Also, if she's a bit tired, she doesn't eat much and chucks most of it on the floor. Then she gets cranky because she's still hungry. Then she gets cranky because she's been in the high chair for too long. Then she takes ages to get to sleep because she's still hungry. You just can't please some people!
My current brainchild is mini-pancakes with mashed up beans or chickpeas and cheese in them to get fat, carbs and protein into her, but obviously she can't live off those so I'll have to come up with more ideas. She would probably eat toast and bananas all day, every day if I let her, but if mummy isn't allowed to live off toast, neither is she!

No comments:

Post a Comment