Me and my gorgeous baby

Me and my gorgeous baby
Perhaps the only barefaced pic of me that will ever grace the internet

Sunday 10 June 2012

Cottaging ;-)

No, not in that sense, but I made ya look! A lot of new mums become entrepreneurs whilst on maternity leave and start up cottage industries so that they can work from home. When I was pregnant, I thought that I'd be gagging to get back to work asap, but then when I actually had bubba, my thoughts did a complete U-turn. I probably will end up having to go back to work so that I can continue to live the lifestyle that I'm accustomed to, but in the mean time, I'm toying with the idea of making my own little business on the side.
My latest idea for a business venture is a natural bath and body product range for mums-to-be and babies, I kind of figured I can buy stock and do research online whilst Isabella's asleep and, being a mummy, what I use on my baby is now a key interest of mine. I was going to start my own range about 18 months back, but then I got pregnant and had to put it on the back burner.
Now comes the tricky parts. I need to do market research, costings, all the nitty gritty things, whilst raising a baby. This should be fun.........
I need time, which means that baby needs to sleep a bit more. I've been trying desperately to get her into a proper sleep pattern, it's still nearly impossible to get her asleep for the night before 10 and the only way I can get her to have a proper nap is to take her for a walk.  So, I need to look into sleep techniques on top of everything else. A mummy's work is never done. I swear that I didn't spend so much time googling things before I got pregnant. Here goes nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment