Me and my gorgeous baby

Me and my gorgeous baby
Perhaps the only barefaced pic of me that will ever grace the internet

Friday 1 June 2012

First (sort of) holiday with baby

OK, time for a quick one whilst Isabella is asleep and I eat lunch. Tony and I are taking Isabella to Bournemouth for the weekend tonight. We've been together 20 months tomorrow and haven't actually had a break or holiday together before (unless you count going to my mum's house, she lives near Eastbourne and staying the night in her spare room, of course). I've only got Isabella's clothes and Tony's clothes packed so far, oops! Most of my wearable clothes are still damp and I still have to sort out the million and one things that I need for baby. Then, we need to head off as soon as hubby is home as it'll probably take about 3 hours to get to Bournemouth. Unfortunately, the sun isn't going to be out this weekend, but we can still go down to the beach for a picnic or something.

After 7 blissful weeks of Isabella sleeping through the night, she's decided to become nocturnal again and is waking up 2-4 times during the night again. Joyous! On Tuesday, she decided not to go to sleep until 6am the following morning, so I ended up so exhausted that I could barely walk. Luckily, my sister-in-law took Isabella for a couple of hours in the afternoon, then Tony and his mum looked after her in the evening. I can't believe how much I took sleeping for a whole 6-7 hours for granted! It could be a growth spurt, it could be the weather, it could be my baby just throwing me a curve ball, who knows?! I'm so exhausted at the moment, I can barely function, I have a permanent headache and I really don't feel like I'm producing as much milk as I normally do. The only solution in the foreseeable future is persuading the OH to do a night feed with expressed milk or formula, but that just feels so unlikely. He'll probably sleep through her crying or if he does get up, bitch and moan the next day about being tired.

Still, I have some reasons left to be cheerful-

  1. I've lost half a stone in the last month without even trying (most of it is probably down to not being able to stomach anything on Wednesday).
  2. My e-petition for more breast feeding support has been approved. Only 99,998 more signatures until it's discussed in the House of Commons.
  3. I've received my backdated child benefit. Yay, money!
TTFN xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment