Me and my gorgeous baby

Me and my gorgeous baby
Perhaps the only barefaced pic of me that will ever grace the internet

Sunday 3 June 2012

My Body Resolves

I love it when Isabella has a nice long nap. I've had time to recoup, do a few sets of squats and bicep curls, have a coffee and surf the net.
I've still got 11 lbs of pregnancy weight left to lose, then I want to lose a stone on top of that. I was aiming for 9 stone, but then I saw some old pics of myself at that weight (I was 21) and I, quite frankly, look like a puppet! I've naturally got big shoulders and a big booty, so being that weight doesn't really suit my body type.
As I can't lose weight too rapidly (breast feeding and need to keep my strength up to look after bubba), I've decided to take a more mindful approach to losing 25 lbs, which in theory could take half a year to do. Hopefully, I can push myself just the right amount to do it in 3-4 months. So, as I am a list writing fiend (it helps me pretend I'm being organised), I got a piece of paper, 2 metallic pens and have written down my mini-goals.
I have decided that I will-

  • Think about what I eat.
  • Eat my 5-a-day.
  • Walk at least 45 minutes at least 3 times a week.
  • Do 20 reps of something every time that Isabella has a nap.
  • Not got overboard with treats.
  • Look after myself.
  • Have 3 cups of green tea a day.
  • Stick to my portion sizes ESPECIALLY CHEESE!!!
  • Avoid white food and go for colours. (I'm gonna be eating rainbows, baby!)
  • Not compare my body to others.
  • Cook dinner more often (So I know how much oil and things are in there and can make a super healthy low-fat meal for everyone)
  • Work towards being a healthy role model for my daughter.
  • Not rely on food or drink for happiness.
  • Remember that I am a human being and give myself a break.


Well, let's see how well I can keep it up. I, personally give myself 3 days before I'm comparing myself to skinny minnies and having a little cry whilst eating a family-size bar of Dairy Milk to myself.
TTFN xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment