Me and my gorgeous baby

Me and my gorgeous baby
Perhaps the only barefaced pic of me that will ever grace the internet

Thursday 17 January 2013

Really, really hating this now!

It's been a week of trying to get Isabella to self-soothe and it's really dragging! The second night, it only took half an hour to get her to sleep, only for her to wake up half an hour later and to be awake until nearly 1am!
We've managed to get the initial going to sleep thing down to a T, it takes baby about 5 minutes and then she's off. But, that's when it all comes unstuck. She's wide awake after an hour or so, then is awake until I feed her, and then up again at 3. When you're up until the wee small hours trying to forge a career as a freelance writer and actually watch some TV (God, I miss TV!), it's utterly exhausting!
I just keep telling myself the same thing that any mum that's gone through sleeping problems, colic, teething or just general fussiness tells themselves- this too shall pass!
Seriously, if you tell yourself that enough times, you can almost feel your fingers clutching on to the slippery grip of your sanity! There are a few posts going around Facebook with poems about how your baby is only young once so to cherish the sleepless nights and messiness and the whole shebang, but it's just easier said than done. Tonight, I tried leaving her with her daddy whilst I ate dinner and she was still wide awake when I came upstairs. Tony had let her play with her toys with the lights off because he though it would help gradually calm her down. Men's logic, anyone?!
I love my baby more than life itself and I know I'm going to miss her being all little (ish!) and cuddly, but I just wish she'd bloody sleep when she's supposed to. She's now growing out of 9-12 month clothes and going into 12-18, it's so scary knowing that in a month and a bit I'm going to have a 1 year old!

No comments:

Post a Comment