Me and my gorgeous baby

Me and my gorgeous baby
Perhaps the only barefaced pic of me that will ever grace the internet

Friday 1 February 2013

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming!

My baby daddy took today off of work to get some more time to practice his CAD (computer aided design work) so we went swimming which Isabella looooooves!
I first took her swimming at 4 months as I heard the younger you start them the better and went with my mum and her husband whilst I was staying at their house for the week. Not only was Isabella amazingly brave and well-behaved, it tuckered her out for hours afterwards! My baby is normally a little ball of hyper, so this was amazing!
Our local pool is about 10 minutes' drive away and comprises of a smaller, warmer teaching pool and a proper, grown up pool. We were in the habit of taking her once every 3 or 4 weeks, but haven't got round to taking her for aaaaages, so a few weeks ago we decided to take her, only to discover that she had (obviously) outgrown her swimming costume so had to do a mad dash around the shops to get a new one. Unfortunately for us, the pool was actually shut that day as they were short-staffed.
We've now taken her twice in the last week and, even though it's £4.25 each and she swims for free, I'd really make it a weekly, at least fortnightly thing. Isabella is almost swimming herself already and only needs a little bit of support in the water, which is amazing considering we haven't actually taken her to any swimming lessons. I've decided not to get one of those inflatable seat-thingys because I think they make babies a little bit lazy, but when she's old enough to actually learn to swim I will be sourcing the pinkest, girliest armbands I can find!
Plus, even if you don't get a chance to do any actual swimming yourself whilst you're at the pool, just playing with your baby in the water is amazing exercise. Really fun as well! I give it a few months before she can swim better than me!

TTFN xx

No comments:

Post a Comment